Veli-Matti Häkkinen (Jyväskylän yliopisto) ON
Sirpa Janhonen (Varastokirjasto) POISSA
Esa-Pekka Keskitalo (Kansalliskirjasto)ON
Minna Kivinen (HAMK) ON
Mia Kujala (XAMK) ON
Joonas Kylmälä (Kansalliskirjasto) ON
Johanna Miettunen (Haaga-Helia) ON
Christian Nelson (Tritonia) ON

1. Version updates

1.1. Schedule of major updates from the national fork to the community version

Update schedule is found on KIWI -page Update schedule and progress tracking

  • KK 26.1.2021

Past upgrades

  • National Archives: Deployment Sept 22nd
  • HAMK: Deployment Sep 24th 
  • XAMK: Deployment on Thursday Oct 1st
  • DiakDeployment on Oct 7th.
  • Tritonia: Deployment on Thursday Oct 15th
  • Arcada: Deployment on Thursday Oct 29th
  • 3AMK: Deployment on Thursday Nov 5th
  • MPKK: Deployment on Nov 11th
  • Humak: Deployment on Nov 19th
  • Tilastokirjasto: Deployment on Nov 26th 
  • Varastokirjasto: Deployment on Dec 3rd
  • Centria: Deployment on Dec 9th
  • Jyväskylä University: Deployment on Dec 17th
  • Hanken Deployment on Jan 12th

1.2. Version update to 20.11.

  • Koha update to 20.11. version. Update done to several libraries already, last libraries will be updated on January 26th.

1.3. Version update to the Koha x.xx in February

2. Issues

  • Acquisitions price are incorrect (HAMK, XAMK)
    • In acquisition one should be careful to fill up all price fields when receiving items. Koha does not anymore update automatically Unitprice -fields when receiving items.
    • Ticket required → Redmine → Palaute-projekti
    • Reporting to Bugzilla may often result in quick fixes.
  • Notices - borrower language
    • There is a new setting in Koha (from version 19.11.) for translating notices. (System preference: I18N/L10N preferences - TranslateNotices)
    • If the setting has been set Allow and there has been no noticetemplate for other languages (fi, en, sv-SE), no notices have been sent from borrowers having lang other that "default" or "fi-FI"
  • FIXED Borrower language
    • There are borrowers having language "fi" in databases. That is a conversion error and should be fixed to "fi-FI." FIXED
    • Important: If a library define a language for a patron, the library must see to that that either (1) language has the message templates for the language in question; or (2) that translating is disabled.
    • "fi" language code derives from Voyager and was not used until now. Until these are fixed do not switch the setting on, so that default template will be used > Fixed, setting can be turned on.
  • What if the notices are not sent? It is hard to know which notices are not sent (or created at all). 3AMK has tried to examine. 1) One query in which sent message types can be compared e.g. with Excel. 2) Also created queries about loans, which had due date 4.11.-21.12. at the time when the queries were ran. Sysadmins went through manually all borrowers on the lists and checked if notices were created.
    • Reporting to Bugzilla may often result in quick fixes.
    • Problem only with overdue messages, not with others? Joonas: we cannot be sure. Pre-warnings do work.
  • 3AMK Tuudo special case: Tuudo card holders began to receive extra messages. To be sure, 3AMK has made all templates although they are not currently in use.
  • Voyager fines: there are some fines remaining from Voyager time where fines were still in accruing situation in Voyager. There was incorrect information if the item was returned or not.
    • SQL-query that will list these fines is: 
    • SELECT * FROM accountlines WHERE debit_type_code="overdue" and itemnumber is null and amountoutstanding > 0 
    • Are there results to report in the first place? If there are such, libraries should check how these look like and then fix fines in table.
    • Fees should be fixed after updating to 20.XX version.
    • Myös Kohan aikaisia maksuja tilassa kertyvä maksu, vaikka palautettu.
    • KK has not have time to look at this yet.
    • Mia will send details about their case to koha-posti.

3. Development tasks

  • Development tasks are listed on KIWI -page Update schedule and progress tracking. All development tasks are numbered on list so that it is easier to refer to each task.
    • Development tasks prioritized on the meeting and priorities are found on update schedule -page
    • There are some development tasks in Bugzilla that are needing testing and sign off. Specialists will try to test and sign off all those issues where they have tools to test. Tasks about signing of are documented in the table of development issues.
    • Issues that will need status review or discussion:

3.1. Priority 1 tasks

  • #T24 & #T25
    • This is big refactoring, will take Q1+Q2.
    • if items cannot be transferred, hold button should be hidden
    • If no items (only biblio), hold button should be hidden
    • On the other hand, patron should be able to make hold and pick it up in that library. (Must be tested if works now)
    • Joonas is working with the root issue. Lots of necessary checks missing (Patron's fines, branch, etc.) Must make this follow circulation rules.
    • Same applies to holds-to-pull list, it does not follow circ rules. And transfers, different logic in different places, have similar issues.
    • No update at this time.

  • #F16 - Christian will ask from Finna-posti
    • Any translations in Koha (authorized values) - contains a description only, cannot have impact on this issue?
    • Code based translations do not work, shows only the description.
    • Something must have changed!
    • Johanna will look what is different in Metropolia: in Metropolia, they have done new translations, which have to cover all branches. For example:
      • location_Metropolia Arabia, Laina-aika 14 vrk = "Metropolia Arabia, Kahden viikon laina"
      • location_Metropolia Arabia, Laina-aika 28 vrk = "Metropolia Arabia, Neljän viikon laina"
      • location_Metropolia Arabia, Nuotit - Laina-aika 14 vrk = "Metropolia Arabia: Nuotit, Kahden viikon laina"

      • location_Metropolia Arabia, Nuotit - Laina-aika 28 vrk = "Metropolia Arabia: Nuotit, Neljän viikon laina"

      • location_Metropolia Karamalmi, Laina-aika 14 vrk = "Metropolia Karamalmi, Kahden viikon laina"

      • location_Metropolia Karamalmi, Laina-aika 28 vrk = "Metropolia Karamalmi, Neljän viikon laina"

    • Esa-Pekka will inquire again.

    • Forthcoming.

3.2. Other tasks

  • Patrons' right to check and correct their data.
  • Some work has been done in the community but needs further development.

4. Common test environment

5 Action logs

How long to keep action logs and deleted data in database 

  • In the last meeting,following notes were made
    • deleted_borrowers: "We need to list cases where it's important to keep, or important to delete this data."
      • Decided: for GDPR reasons, 1 month is good.
      • EP will inform superlibrarians.
    • action_logs: "It would be nice to be able to delete patron data without deleting everything else."
      • Difference btw patron related data and bibliographic data
      • Needs pseudonymization
      • If we do cronjobs, HAMK would be first affected.
      • It is easy to see 6 months back. What about the rest? There is a table called 'action_logs_cache' where these can be found.
      • NLF is not taking action at the moment,.
  • Is there need to revisit the table otherwise?

Patron pseudonymization

6 Statistics

Statistics - need change to statistics table?

  • Working Group:
    • Minna, Christian, Esa-Pekka, someone from KK
    • EP will convene
  • Koha webinar about statistics will be planned for the spring.
    • Minna will start planning with Ari Mäkiranta and Eeva Klinga-Hyöty in January.
  • Statistics
    • KK will run the statistics for the Consortium costs distribution.
    • Also, Sanasto statistics will be done by KK

7 Reporting & Documentation

Bugzilla Reporting

  • Bugzilla reporting is important, everyone is encouraged to do those tickets.
  • Add a link to our own documentation in Kiwi or Redmine.
    • Project: palaute
    • Category: tieteelliset.
  • Does not apply to
    • Finna issues.
    • plugins. For example, printer plugin, made by Bywater, they might have a Github project.
  • Let's start with a clean list regarding CV. Joonas will do it.
  • Let's use English primarily.
  • Who can do Bugzilla reports? System librarians.
  • Minna Kivinen & Mia Kujala will move the issues.
  • Instructions: to Kiwi; Esa-Pekka.

8 Working methods of the group

  • Minutes will be in English.
  • Let's focus on things that contribute to make our tasks easier, also on a higher level than individual issues.
  • Platform improvements need consultation btw CSC, NLF, and the Consortium.
  • Support superlibrarians in finding good ways to do things and do fact finding on Koha.
  • We do have a laundry list of things, especially data retenetion and GDPR; statistics
  • Working more to solve probelms, helping superlibrarians?

Handling of new critical development task

  • Should be a process in place to re-evaluate the list of tasks. No extra time available for new items
  • If outsourcing, it is a good idea to anyway report on Bugzilla. Hypernova

9 Next meeting 

  • Tuesday afternoon, every 3rd Tue of the month
  • → 16.2.2021 klo 13-14.30.
  • Ari and Anneli from Koha-Suomi will be invited, too.
  • No labels