- current members of the faculty, staff, affiliated researchers, docents and contractors of the Licensee (whether on a permanent, temporary, contract or visiting basis)
- individuals who are currently studying at the Licensee’s institution
- outsourced faculty and/or staff previously employed by the Licensee in their performance of services for and on behalf of the Licensee only
- retired faculty, staff and researchers of the Licensee who are permitted to access the Secure Network regardless of the physical location of such persons and who have been issued by the Licensee with a password or other authentication.
Authorised Users and Walk-in-Users may:
- Search, download, view, retrieve and display the licensed material
- Electronically save copies of parts of the licensed material.
- Print off single copies
- Make a reasonable number of photocopies of parts of the licensed material
- Distribute single copies of parts of the Licensed Material in print or electronic form including email to third parties for the purposes of non-commercial scientific research and communication or to be used for the basis of discussion groups. Sharing shall be incidental and not for re-transmission.
- Publicly display or publicly perform parts of the Licensed Material as part of a presentation at a seminar, conference, or workshop, or other such similar activity.
- Incorporate parts of the Licensed Material in printed or electronic form in Academic Works, including reproductions of the Academic Works for personal use and library deposit, if such use conforms to the customary and usual practice of the Licensee. Reproductions in printed or electronic form of Academic Works may be provided to sponsors of such Academic Works. Each item shall carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source, listing title and copyright owner.
- Reading impaired Authorized and Walk-in-Users may use Braille displays, voice synthesizers and other devices to enable use of the Licensed Material.
Authorized users may:
- Distribute single articles from the Licensed Material in print form to other Authorised Users for teaching purposes. This shall include the distribution of a copy to each individual student Authorised User taking part in a course at the Licensee's institution. In addition Authorised Users who are library personnel are permitted to provide single printed copies of single articles at the request of individual Authorised and Walk-in Users.
- Incorporate electronic links to parts of the Licensed Material in electronic course packs, study packs, resource lists and in any other material (including but not limited to multi-media works) to be used in the course of instruction and/or in virtual and managed environments (including but not limited to virtual learning environments, managed learning environments, virtual research environments and library environments) hosted on a Secure Network. Each item shall carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source, listing title and copyright owner Course packs in non-electronic non-print perceptible form, such as Braille, may also be offered to Authorised Users who, in the reasonable opinion of the Licensee, are reading impaired.
- Use the Licensed Material to perform and engage in Data mining activities for Educational Purposes only after specific permission is granted by the Licensor for each instance or project.
The Licensee, Authorised Users or Walk-In-Users may not:
- Permit anyone other than Authorised or Walk-In-Users to access or use the Licensed Material, save as permitted in this Agreement
- Systematically make printed or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the Licensed Material save as permitted in this Agreement.
- Display or distribute any part of the Licensed Material on any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web, other than a Secure Network save as permitted in this Agreement.
- Use the whole or any part of the Licensed Material for any Commercial Use or any purpose other than Educational Use.
- Remove or alter the authors’ names or the Licensor’s copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Licensed Material.
- Publish, distribute or make available the Licensed Material, works based on the Licensed Material or works which combine it with any other material, save as permitted in this Agreement
- Alter, abridge, adapt or modify the Licensed Material, except to the extent necessary to make it perceptible on a screen, to Authorised and Walk-in Users or as otherwise permitted in this agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, no alteration of the words or their order is permitted.