- Academic organisations and other schools: current members of the faculty and other staff of the Licensee (whether on a permanent, temporary, contract or visiting basis), retired members of staff and students at the Licensee's institution.
- Public libraries: library staff wherever situated, retired members of staff; library card holders who are citizens of or are domiciled in Finland; exchange students or other individuals during the period they reside in Finland.
- Other consortium member organisations: current members of the staff of the Licensee whether on a permanent, temporary, contract or visiting basis, retired members of staff.
Persons who are not Authorised Users but who are permitted to access the Secure Network from computer terminals within the Licensee's premises.
Authorised and Walk-in Users may:
- use the Products solely for the purpose of education, teaching, distance learning, private study, scientific or other research (Educational purposes) but not for Commercial Use; for the avoidance of doubt, for example, use by Authorised or Walk-In-Users of the Materials in the course of research performed under the auspices of academic organization, other schools or other Consortium member even if funded by a commercial organisation, is not deemed to constitute Commercial Use;
- electronically search and display the Materials and download, digitally store and print a reasonable portion of the Materials;
- use, with appropriate credit , figures, tables and brief excerpts from the Materials in their own scientific, scholarly and educational works;
- publicly display or perform a reasonable portion of the Materials as part of a presentation at a seminar, conference, or workshop, or other such similar activity.
Authorised Users may:
- use a reasonable portion of the Materials in the preparation of printed and electronic Course Packs or other educational materials, to be used in the course of instruction and/or in virtual and managed environments (including but not limited to virtual learning environments, managed learning environments, virtual research environments and library environments) hosted on a Secure Network, provided that each individual article is printed directly from the on-line database system in a manner that allows a "hit" to be registered on the ProQuest on-line system so that the publisher royalty can be accurately tracked and paid; provided that such use is done using links from Licensee's electronic reserves system directly to the on-line database system in a manner that allows a "hit" to be registered on the ProQuest on-line system; each item shall carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source, listing title and copyright owner; course packs in non-electronic non-print perceptible form, such as Braille, may also be offered to Authorised Users who, in the reasonable opinion of the Licensee, are reading impaired;
- provide single printed or electronic copies of parts of the Materials to other Authorised and walk-in-Users; this shall include the distribution of a copy for teaching purposes to each individual student Authorised User taking part in a course at the Licensee's institution, so long as each work is retrieved directly from the on-line database system in a manner that causes a “hit” to be registered on the on-line system for each and every print or digital copy;
- transmit to a third party colleague in hard copy or electronically, minimal, insubstantial amounts of the Materials for Educational purposes but in no case for re-sale;
- display, download, save electronically, print and distribute (also on the Licensee's public website) ProQuest's trademarks, logos and screenshots and insubstantial parts of the Materials from the Products for the purpose of internal marketing or testing or for training Authorised and Walk-in-Users.
Neither Authorised nor Walk-in Users may:
- remove or alter the authors' names or the Publisher's copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Materials;
- systematically make print or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the Materials for any purpose;
- mount or distribute any part of the Materials on any electronic network, including the Internet and the World Wide Web, other than the Secure Network.
For the avoidance of doubt, downloading of all or parts of the Products in a systematic or regular manner so as to create a collection of materials comprising all or part of the Products is strictly prohibited whether or not such collection is in electronic or print form, save as provided concerning Course Packs.
ProQuest's explicit written permission must be obtained in order to:
- use the whole or any part of the Materials for any Commercial Use; for avoidance of doubt, for example, use by Authorised or Walk-In-Users of the Materials in fee-based educational programs or in the course of research performed under the auspices of academic organization, other schools or other Consortium member even if funded by a commercial organisation, is not deemed to constitute Commercial Use;
- systematically distribute the whole or any part of the Materials to anyone other than Authorised and Walk-in Users;
- publish, distribute or make available the Material, works based on the Materials or works which combine them with any other material, save as provided in this Agreement;
- alter, abridge, adapt or modify the Materials, except to the extent necessary to make them perceptible on a computer screen to Authorised and Walk-in-Users and save as provided in this Agreement; for the avoidance of doubt, no alteration of the words or their order is permitted;
- use the Materials to perform and engage in Text Mining activities for educational purposes.