FinELib consortium’s agreement with Elsevier offers the researchers an opportunity to publish their articles open access with a discount in Elsevier journals. The discount is 50% of the journal’s APC-list price (APC=article processing charge).
Discount is available when these conditions are met:
- Corresponding author of the article is affiliated to one of the 35 organizations that are parties to the agreement
- The article is accepted to one of the journals listed here (please download the file, preview is not working properly, due to technical problems) The list includes over 1500 Elsevier owned hybrid-journals and over 100 Full OA-journals. The society-owned titles published by Elsevier are not included. The article types eligible are journal articles with scientific (peer reviewed) content: full length journal articles (including review articles), short communications, case reports, short surveys, software articles, data articles.
- Article is accepted between 15.1.2018-31.12.2020.
Elsevier’s APC prices are defined per journal. The prices are displayed on APC price list and also visible on journal homepages. Please remember to ensure that you have the funding for the discounted APC payment.
Publishing an article open access with the FinELib discount in Elsevier journals – instructions to the corresponding author:
- When the article, in which you are the corresponding author, is accepted, Elsevier sends you an e-mail and asks you to fill in the Rights and access form.
- When you want your article to be published open access, please remember to ensure that you have the funding for the discounted APC payment.
- When filling in the Elsevier Rights and access form, please choose:
- Funding body: Make you selection - Research reported in the article: choose: Was conducted in Finnish universities/research institutes
- Open Access - Publishing options: choose Gold open access (this is not relevant if the journal in question is a full OA journal)
- Licenses: You have the choice between two different CC-licenses. In both options your own reuse rights regarding the articleare defined by the CC-license terms. The options are:
- CC BY 4.0 (Attribution) Creative Commons describes the license like this: This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation.
- CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 (Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs) Creative Commons describes the license like this: allows others to download your works and share them with others as long as they credit you, but they can’t change them in any way or use them commercially. Please note that if you choose this, more restrictive CC BY-NC-ND license, the rights to commercial use and modifications (derivatives) stay with Elsevier.
- Complete the form. Please note that for technical reasons this form shows you the list price of the APC payment, not the discounted one. The 50% discount is calculated from this pric
- Elsevier publishes the article open access
- Your organization’s library/information service will be informed that you have chosen open access publishing for your article and will confirm your affiliation to Elsevier
- You get an invoice of the APC payment. Please check that the total price in the invoice is correct (50% of the APC list price).
Screenshots of the Rights and Access form coming soon.
If you need further information or help with OA publish process, please do not hesitate to contact your library/information service.