Osallistujat

Veli-Matti Häkkinen (Jyväskylän yliopisto)
Sirpa Janhonen (Varastokirjasto)
Esa-Pekka Keskitalo (Kansalliskirjasto)
Minna Kivinen (HAMK)
Mia Kujala (XAMK)
Joonas Kylmälä (Kansalliskirjasto)
Johanna Miettunen (Haaga-Helia)
Christian Nelson (Tritonia)
Anneli Österman (Koha-Suomi)

1. Version updates

1.1. Koha build 280 upgrade to next one (>xxx) with the latest fixes from Community master

  • 31 May 1 volunteer to be the pilot (Hamk, and next week (7 June) for all the rest.
  • Next updates:
    • Tuudo related work on customer parameters. The API might work without plugin, should be tested.
      • New PatronAttributes in the API
      • Will be in testing environment in a week or so. 
      • Change is not required at this time, but in the future plugin might become unnecessary. 
    • Improvements regarding transfers. 
    • Yellow highlights; bug report done.
    • SQL errors: location of error not indicated.
  • In addition, separate fixes to searching forthcoming in a week or two. 

2. Issues

  • Acquisitions price are incorrect (HAMK, XAMK)
    • In acquisition one should be careful to fill up all price fields when receiving items. Koha does not anymore update automatically Unitprice -fields when receiving items.
    • Ticket required → Redmine → Palaute-projekti
    • Reporting to Bugzilla may often result in quick fixes.
    • Nothing new to report on May 18th, 2021
  • Voyager fines: there are some fines remaining from Voyager time where fines were still in accruing situation in Voyager. There was incorrect information if the item was returned or not.
    • SQL-query that will list these fines is: 
    • SELECT * FROM accountlines WHERE debit_type_code="overdue" and itemnumber is null and amountoutstanding > 0 
    • Are there results to report in the first place? If there are such, libraries should check how these look like and then fix fines in table.
    • Fees should be fixed after updating to 20.XX version.
    • Myös Kohan aikaisia maksuja tulee kyselyyn, jos nide on poistettu.
    • KK has not have time to look at this yet.
    • Mia has sent details about their case to koha-posti.
    • Nothing new to report on May 18th
  •  Indexes
    • Some errors still linger, regarding hyphens and special characters. 
    • May be a new indexing for everyone at some point. 
    • Libraries should notify about new needs. → Superlibrarians. 
    • Search of holdings still missing, must wait holdings support in the CV. 
    • Changes on their way on May 18th.
    • Indexing wg is finalising the specifications, next meeting. Aim is, that Vaski libraries will go to production with the latest specs. 
      • https://tiketti.koha-suomi.fi/projects/koha-suomen-dokumentaatio/wiki/Indeksointitarpeet ; read also "testaushuomioita". These are being tested in Täti. 
      • Limiting to Component part / Analytic records still under work.
      • Added a new request: 509, subfields a and c. (Other diploma works than doctoral dissertations; type of the work & institution where done) https://marc21.kansalliskirjasto.fi/bib/50X-53X.htm#509
      • Each Koha library can check their current situation regarding indexes. > admin/searchengine/elasticsearch/mappings.pl
      • Question about searching journal title (leader 7 has value i or s) - this has been added to specs. In advanced search, material types (Subtype Limits) from downs will have options serial (kausijulkaisu) and integrating resource (päivittyvä julkaisu).
      • Koha-Suomi also working with age restrictions, and they have added Intranet.
      • Discussed using abbreviations & Boolean in search.  We want to support both power users, and those who do searches less regularly.
      • In June update, only previously agreed additions & error fixes will be updated. Others may have to wait for later.

3. Development tasks

  • Development tasks are listed on KIWI -page Update schedule and progress tracking. All development tasks are numbered on list so that it is easier to refer to each task.
    • Issues that will need status review or discussion:

3.1. Priority 1 tasks

  • #T24 & #T25
    • #T24 Done
    • #T25 Joonas will check with Diak. 
  • #F13 Your account -Fines - Description (for example: OVERDUE - F) > Is it possible to get these in Finnish? 
    • Finna had texts for these when we used Finnish Koha.
    • There are Koha generic codes, and you can add your own. → koha/admin/debit_types.pl
    • It appears there was an idea these own codes should be standard for all libraries.  
    • Joonas will check the situation within National Library and discuss it with Finna. 
    • FeeTypeMappings in Finna? 
      • KohaRestSuomi_common.ini has FeeTypeMappings, e.g. FU = "Accrued Fine" ODUE = "Overdue" and these are obsolete codes. 
      • Johanna got this working during the meeting. → KohaRest_xxx_kirjasto.ini

        [FeeTypeMappings]
        OVERDUE = "Overdue"

      • But, translations are needed in Finnish, English and Swedish. How to do these?
      • Must request Finna Office for changes so that translations show also in Finna.fi. Several similar sounding ini files at least in XAMK. 



  • #F16 - Christian will ask from Finna-posti
    • April 20th. Works as it is for the time being. Finna contemplates improvements. The original way in Finna was better. 
    • This causes lots of work. 
    • No news from Finna on May 18th. 
    • If library has materials for reference use (not for loan), and is using several itemtypes for same location, one can use Finna translations to hide Koha's itemtype description, e.g.
      • status_Laina-aika 0 vrk HH = "Ei lainattavissa"
      • status_Laina-aika 0 vrk = "Ei lainattavissa"
  • CCode and shelfing location
    • This will be addressed in the autumn due to scheduling issues. Libraries may of course do planning meanwhile. 

3.2. Development and maintenance

NOTES

  • April 20th: General picture: we have almost all items on priority level 1 and 2 done and very probably all will be dealt with before summer.
  • Kehitystoiveet
  • It is important to document Priority 3 issues in Bugzilla. As we do not intend to look at these, we need to notify the community in case someone else were willing to take it up. 
  • The relevant libraries need to contribute, reports cannot be written by there. → Superlibrarians
  • Priority 2 issues lack Redmine reports. Mia and Minna have promised to contribute. Also, moving old reports to the new structure. 
  • RFID issues. Esa-Pekka asks Ari to talk with the vendors. Firefox has plugins, worth checking. 

 Kehitys ja ylläpito 2021

Tammikuu

  • Kansalliskirjaston päivitys DONE
  • Tilastot: KITT, yhteenliittymän kustannustenjako, Sanasto, julkaisutilasto; Muut tehty, julkaisutilasto odottaa
  • Alustapalvelun kehittäminen CSC:n kanssa, suunnittelun aloittaminen: aloitettu. Palvelinratkaisun suhteen haasteista tehdään listaa.
  • Ylläpitotehtäviä

Helmikuu

  • Prioriteetti 1 -kehitystehtävät: dependenssien tarkistukset ja korjaukset
  • Alustapalvelun kehittäminen CSC:n kanssa, suunnittelu
  • Tilastointihackathon? 17.2.2021
  • Ylläpitotehtäviä

Maaliskuu

Huhtikuu

Toukokuu

4 Action logs

How long to keep action logs and deleted data in database  

  • Old issues needs discussion.

    Mitä tehdään vanhojen lainojen kanssa tilanteessa, että on maksamaton maksu ja esim. 3v vanha palautettu laina, joka liittyy siihen. Lainatietoa ei haluttane poistaa ennen kuin maksu on käsitelty. Bugiraportin voisi laittaa yhteisöön jos halutaan, että palautettuja lainoja, joihin liittyy maksamaton maksu, ei poisteta. Siivousajoa ei ole laitettu kirjastoille ennen kun saadaan selvyys asiaan.

    • Discussion March 16th: 
      • Barcode alone is not enough information. It tells about the item that cause the payment, but nothing about the transaction, i.e. no info of checkout date, due date...
      • Some libraries no so keen on fines if the item is returned. Others have kept them longer than 3 years. 
      • Might suggest a new filed, or adding the data to "notes"
      • https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=27080

      • "If due payments, retain all data".
    • Discussion April 20th: 

Patron pseudonymization

5 Statistics

Statistics - need change to statistics table?

  • Working Group:
    • Minna, Christian, Esa-Pekka, someone from KK
    • EP will convene

6 Cronjobs

6 Next meeting 

  • Tuesday afternoon, every 3rd Tue of the month
  • → 15.6.2021 klo 13-14.30.
  • Ari and Anneli from Koha-Suomi will be invited, too.
  • No labels