Veli-Matti Häkkinen (Jyväskylän yliopisto)
Sirpa Janhonen (Varastokirjasto)
Esa-Pekka Keskitalo (Kansalliskirjasto)
Minna Kivinen (HAMK)
Mia Kujala (XAMK)
Joonas Kylmälä (Kansalliskirjasto)
Johanna Miettunen (Haaga-Helia)
Christian Nelson (Tritonia)
Anneli Österman (Koha-Suomi)
1. Version updates
1.1. Koha build 265 upgrade to next one (>280) with the latest fixes from Community master
- 19 April for 1 volunteer to be the pilot (Xamk, and next week (26 April) for all the rest.
- Issues found after updating to Xamk
- the return receipt (on the return display and in the receipts) will come empty without details of the book. > Fixed > CHECKINSLIP must be updated something like following:
<h3>[% branch.branchname %]</h3>
Checked in items for [% borrower.title %] [% borrower.firstname %] [% borrower.initials %] [% borrower.surname %] <br />
([% borrower.cardnumber %]) <br />
[% today | $KohaDates %]<br />
<h4>Checked in today</h4>
[% FOREACH checkin IN old_checkouts %] [% SET item = checkin.item %] <p> [% item.biblio.title %] <br />
Barcode: [% item.barcode %] <br />
[% END %]
- Hold > the first library in the alphabet will become as a pick up library instead of the library set by staff. > Fixed 28118
- Hold > After Revert waiting status (Peruuta odottaa-tila) the he pick up library selection is not working "Loading." > Fixed 28169
- Create manual invoice: there is comma as the default separator, but must be a full stop > 28168
- Sorting with Serial enumeration / chronology is not working 28171
- Joonas will alert superlibrarians about how to update the receipt immediately after the update.
- Others fixed or will be fixed before others update.
- Patrons sorting better now
- New columns in shelf holdings queue etc.
- Checkout of items in transfer is now blocked.
- XAMK not checked holdings features yet. There was a lot of changes. & improvements in holdings, so there also might be some surprises.
- Piloting arrangements is good, let the libraries take turns in piloting
- Next updates:
- Tuudo related work on customer parameters.
- Improvements regarding transfers
- Acquisitions price are incorrect (HAMK, XAMK)
- In acquisition one should be careful to fill up all price fields when receiving items. Koha does not anymore update automatically Unitprice -fields when receiving items.
- Ticket required → Redmine → Palaute-projekti
- Reporting to Bugzilla may often result in quick fixes.
- Nothing new to report on April 20th, 2021
- Voyager fines: there are some fines remaining from Voyager time where fines were still in accruing situation in Voyager. There was incorrect information if the item was returned or not.
- SQL-query that will list these fines is:
- SELECT * FROM accountlines WHERE debit_type_code="overdue" and itemnumber is null and amountoutstanding > 0
- Are there results to report in the first place? If there are such, libraries should check how these look like and then fix fines in table.
- Fees should be fixed after updating to 20.XX version.
- Myös Kohan aikaisia maksuja tilassa kertyvä maksu, vaikka palautettu.
- KK has not have time to look at this yet.
- Mia has sent details about their case to koha-posti.
- Nothing new to report on April 20th
- Some errors still linger, regarding hyphens and special characters
- May be a new indexing for everyone at some point.
- Libraries should notify about new needs. → Superlibrarians.
- Search of holdings still missing, must wait holdings support in the CV.
3. Development tasks
- Development tasks are listed on KIWI -page Update schedule and progress tracking. All development tasks are numbered on list so that it is easier to refer to each task.
- Issues that will need status review or discussion:
3.1. Priority 1 tasks
- #T24 & #T25
- This is big refactoring, will take Q1+Q2.
- if items cannot be transferred, hold button should be hidden
- If no items (only biblio), hold button should be hidden
- On the other hand, patron should be able to make hold and pick it up in that library. (Must be tested if works now)
- Joonas is working with the root issue. Lots of necessary checks missing (Patron's fines, branch, etc.) Must make this follow circulation rules.
- Same applies to holds-to-pull list, it does not follow circ rules. And transfers, different logic in different places, have similar issues.
- March 16th, 2021: No update at this time.
- April 20th, 2021: No update at this time.
- #F13 Your account -Fines - Description (for example: OVERDUE - F) > Is it possible to get these in Finnish?
- #F16 - Christian will ask from Finna-posti
- Must add all possible combinations.
- Johanna will look what is different in Metropolia: in Metropolia, they have done new translations, which have to cover all branches. For example:
- location_Metropolia Arabia, Laina-aika 14 vrk = "Metropolia Arabia, Kahden viikon laina"
- location_Metropolia Arabia, Laina-aika 28 vrk = "Metropolia Arabia, Neljän viikon laina"
location_Metropolia Arabia, Nuotit - Laina-aika 14 vrk = "Metropolia Arabia: Nuotit, Kahden viikon laina"
location_Metropolia Arabia, Nuotit - Laina-aika 28 vrk = "Metropolia Arabia: Nuotit, Neljän viikon laina"
location_Metropolia Karamalmi, Laina-aika 14 vrk = "Metropolia Karamalmi, Kahden viikon laina"
location_Metropolia Karamalmi, Laina-aika 28 vrk = "Metropolia Karamalmi, Neljän viikon laina"
- Needs development. / Arto Kärkkäinen. Is there a Finna ticket. EPK will enquire.
- April 20th. Works as it is for the time being . Finna contemplates improvements.
- #11 DO NOT ALLOW SELF SERVICE CHECK OUT WHEN ON HOLD AND IN TRANSFER – KULJETUTUSTILAISTEN VARATTUJEN NITEIDEN LAINAAMINEN AUTOMAATILLA ESTETTÄVÄ - Discussed. Hard to estimate the timeline (the other bugs).
- Ready on CV version. Will come with next update.
- April 20th. Updated.
- CCode and shelfing location
- Abandoning these in rules definitions should be explored.
- For some libraries, simple adding of an item type will suffice, others might need more work.
- Needs a plan in Excel of what the library has and how it could be done without code and shelf locations.
- This will be addressed in the autumn due to scheduling issues. Libraries may of course do planing meanwhile.
3.2. Development and maintenance
- April 20th: General picture: we have almost all items on priority level 1 and 2 done and very probably all will be dealt with before summer.
- Discussion about pending reserves. Good that there will be improvements, but in the long run not all think it is a good tool. Gives a nice overview.
- Holdings queue would be the tool of choice for at least 3AMK, and others, too. Matrices are useful.
- In Koha you can determine between which libraries transfers will happen, through the transfers matrix. E.g. if there is a daily transportation btw 2 libraries, it gets weighed.
- It is important to document Priority 3 issues in Bugzilla. As we do not intend to look at these, we need to notify the community in case someone else were willing to take it up.
- The relevant libraries need to contribute, reports cannot be written by there. → Superlibrarians
- Priority 2 issues lack Redmine reports. Mia and Minna have promised to contribute. Also, moving old reports to the new structure.
- RFID issues. Esa-Pekka asks Ari to talk with the vendors. Firefox has plugins, worth checking.
- Kansalliskirjaston päivitys DONE
- Tilastot: KITT, yhteenliittymän kustannustenjako, Sanasto, julkaisutilasto; Muut tehty, julkaisutilasto odottaa
- Alustapalvelun kehittäminen CSC:n kanssa, suunnittelun aloittaminen: aloitettu. Palvelinratkaisun suhteen haasteista tehdään listaa.
- Prioriteetti 1 -kehitystehtävät: dependenssien tarkistukset ja korjaukset
- Alustapalvelun kehittäminen CSC:n kanssa, suunnittelu
- Tilastointihackathon? 17.2.2021
4 Action logs
How long to keep action logs and deleted data in database
- Old issues needs discussion.
Mitä tehdään vanhojen lainojen kanssa tilanteessa, että on maksamaton maksu ja esim. 3v vanha palautettu laina, joka liittyy siihen. Lainatietoa ei haluttane poistaa ennen kuin maksu on käsitelty. Bugiraportin voisi laittaa yhteisöön jos halutaan, että palautettuja lainoja, joihin liittyy maksamaton maksu, ei poisteta. Siivousajoa ei ole laitettu kirjastoille ennen kun saadaan selvyys asiaan.
- Discussion March 16th:
- Barcode alone is not enough information. It tells about the item that cause the payment, but nothing about the transaction, i.e. no info of checkout date, due date...
- Some libraries no so keen on fines if the item is returned. Others have kept them longer than 3 years.
- Might suggest a new filed, or adding the data to "notes"
- "If due payments, retain all data".
- Discussion April 20th:
- Ticket done about retaining data. → https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=27965
- Little unclear what jobs are on. Needs to improve documentation
- Let's discuss about using eduuni. Esa-Pekka will contact CSC.
- Koha-users list is one way to ask about tips and experience. https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_List_Welcome
- Koha irc too. https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/IRC_Channel
- Discussion March 16th:
- Needs testing.
- For previous developments, see notes 8.12.2021.
- Deadline: this year, so that there will be no more problems due to this in 2022.
- Should we have a place to document this, other than Bugzilla?
- Might query for a tutorial thru mailing lists. Kohacon presentation by Sonia Bouis:
- Mia Kujala & Johanna Miettunen will look at this in the test implementation.
- March 16th 2021: no progress.
Statistics - need change to statistics table?
- Working Group:
- Minna, Christian, Esa-Pekka, someone from KK
- EP will convene
- Seminar just prior to this meeting
- Went through feedback: replication, templates, holdings were mentioned often
- Perhaps more discussion regarding cataloguing needed
- Documentation may be a bit scattered?
- But a lot of positive feedback, too. "Nobody has missed Voyager"
7 Bound Biblios / Jyväskylä
- KK will research, Joonas will email.
8 Folio testing, acquisitions, Melinda API
- JYU has a test Folio now, as does HAMK.
- Priority: ERM
- Demos would be welcome. Talking with Folio people tends to be a bit high-level and will-be.
- EditX issues shall be escalated.
- Koha APIS: https://koha3-kktest.lib.helsinki.fi/api/v1/
- Melinda APIs: Rajapinnat
- Lowtags could be updated through API, the question is about access rights. JYU requested and dod not get.
- Swedish Koha libraries will discuss a plugin in Friday, Johanna at least will attend.
- XAMK disused about robot managing billing (no APIs, robot "clicks" on the GUI). Discussed aspects of this.
9 Next meeting
- Tuesday afternoon, every 3rd Tue of the month
- → 18.5.2021 klo 13-14.30.
- Ari and Anneli from Koha-Suomi will be invited, too.