- When you submit your manuscript in Emerald’s ScholarOne system
- Use your institutional email address. Emerald will recognize your eligibility for a free voucher from your email domain. If you have previously used another email address in the system, please edit it accordingly. See screen shot.
- Declare you interest to use a free voucher to publish open access. Do this in Step 4: Details and Comments. Tic the box ”Yes, I want to publish my article as Open Access and my institution is eligible for a prepaid APC-voucher”. See screen shot.
- When the article for which you are the corresponding author has been accepted for publication
- You will receive an acceptance letter via ScholarOne. See screen shot.
- In addition you will receive within 30 days from the acceptance letter a link to a CC BY-license. Complete the document, sign it and return it to the editor via email. Creative Commons describes the license like this: This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation. See attachment.
- If all free vouchers have been used by the time your article is accepted, you have the right to direct the publisher to publish you article as a paywalled article (or alternatively pay the article processing charge).
- Emerald will publish your article under the CC BY-license.
If you need further information or help with the OA publishing process, please do not hesitate to contact your library/information service.