Keyword lists and Thesauri and ontologies are tools for content description and topic-based information retrieval of both printed and electronic materials. They assist data entry and retrieval specialists to use a common language in order to find the required information more easily.
Keyword lists are Thesauri are used above all in the databases of libraries, archives and museums. Keyword lists They may be general thesauri or thesauri for special fields.
The National Library of Finland maintains and develops the following keyword lists thesauri and ontologies:
- General Finnish Upper Ontology (YSO)
- Finnish General Thesaurus (YSA)
- General Finnish Thesaurus in Swedish (Allärs)
- Finnish Music Thesaurus (MUSA)
- Special thesaurus for music in Swedish (CILLA)
- KOKO Ontology [the National Library of Finland has the technical and coordination responsibility]
Keyword lists Thesauri and ontologies are available via the ontology service Finto (external link) maintained by the National Library.