- FinELib consortium collects information on potential users of e-resources at the member organizations for the purposes of acquisition of e-resources. The information used as basis for calculating user figures for the universities and universities of applied sciences is collected from the Ministry of Education's data systems and from Statistics Finland. The students' study activity and status (part-time, absent) is taken into account in the calculations.
- The user figures of research institutes reflect the number of academic staff whose tasks may require use of e-resources at an institution. For example annual reports are used as a source for the figures.
- The user figures of public libraries reflect the population of each municipality. The statistics are collected from from Localfinland.fi.
The user figures are updated annually in the spring/summer.
- Universities of applied sciences and polytechnics
- Research institutes and special libraries
- Public libraries