The best electronic resources for research and teaching – while supporting openness
FinELib is a consortium set up to acquire electronic resources for public organisations. The consortium comprises the member organisations and the FinELib office.
The consortium services include:
- the acquisition of resources and online services as well as expert services
- the development of the resources offered to meet consortium members’ needs
- the advancement of open access to resources
- the facilitation of the efficient use of resources
- the measurement of the impact of acquisitions
The services are provided in a cost-effective manner, and are based on solid experience, research information, the recognition and exploitation of expertise, interaction, innovativeness and target-orientation.
Researchers, teachers, students as well as other information seekers in the member organisations have optimal access to high-quality scholarly publications and electronic services.
- Open access to scientific and professional publications will increase significantly.
- The availability of non-fiction in electronic format will increase.
- Resources can be flexibly used in changing work environments.
The consortium promotes research and learning in Finland across organisational borders.
- The consortium’s licenses will enable corporate cooperation and commercial training collaboration as part of research and learning.
Continuous anticipation of changes in the operating environment and reform of the consortium
- The consortium will make use of the expertise of its members and the FinELib office.
- The FinELib office will support the independent acquisition of e-resources by the member organisations.
- The consortium will actively develop its services further by anticipating changes in the operating environment and by redefining the consortium’s role as a provider of new services.