Open Access publishing in Emerald journals
FinELib consortium’s agreement with Emerald offers authors an opportunity to publish their articles voucher under the CC BY-license with a free open access. This means that there is no article processing charge for the author. The vouchers can be used during the agreement term 1.1.2018-31.12.2020).
There is a limited amount of free vouchers annually. THE VOUCHERS FOR 2018 HAVE BEEN DEPLETED. However, a new set of vouchers will be available for articles with acceptance date in 2019. Authors submitting articles in fall/winter of 2018 are encouraged to inquire about the availability of a free voucher for articles with acceptance date in 2019.
Who is eligible to use the free vouchers
Corresponding authors affiliated to Emerald Premier subscribing institutions are eligible to use the free vouchers. The author must use his/her institutional email address when submitting the manuscript. Emerald will recognize the authors eligibility for the voucher from the institutional email domain.
What can the vouchers be used for
The vouchers can be used for publishing in all titles in the Emerald Premier-collection as well as in Emerald’s only fully open access titles ”International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management”.
The vouchers can be used for the following article types:
- Research Paper
- Technical Paper
- Conceptual Paper
- Case Study
- Literature Review
- General Review
Publishing an article open access in Emerald journals – instructions to the corresponding author
- When you submit your manuscript in Emerald’s ScholarOne system
- Use your institutional email address. Emerald will recognize your eligibility for a free voucher from your email domain. If you have previously used another email address in the system, please edit it accordingly. See screen shot.
- Declare you interest to use a free voucher to publish open access. Do this in Step 4: Details and Comments. Tic the box ”Yes, I want to publish my article as Open Access and my institution is eligible for a prepaid APC-voucher”. See screen shot.
- When the article for which you are the corresponding author has been accepted for publication
- You will receive an acceptance letter via ScholarOne. See screen shot.
- In addition you will receive within 30 days from the acceptance letter a link to a CC BY-license. Complete the document, sign it and return it to the editor via email. Creative Commons describes the license like this: This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation. See attachment.
- If all free vouchers have been used by the time your article is accepted, you have the right to direct the publisher to publish you article as a paywalled article (or alternatively pay the article processing charge).
- Emerald will publish your article under the CC BY-license.
If you need further information or help with the OA publishing process, please do not hesitate to contact your library/information service.