FinELib consortium’s agreement with Elsevier offers the researchers an opportunity to publish their articles open access with a discount in Elsevier journals. The discount is 50% of the journal’s APC-list price (APC=article processing charge).
Discount is available when these conditions are met:
- Corresponding author of the article is affiliated to one of the 35 organizations that are parties to the agreement
- The article is accepted to one of the journals listed here.Elsevier_FinELib_APC_discount_List_of_journals.xlsxThe list includes over 1500 Elsevier owned hybrid-journals and over 100 Full OA-journals. The society-owned titles published by Elsevier are not included. The article types eligible are journal articles with scientific (peer reviewed) content: full length journal articles (including review articles), short communications, case reports, short surveys, software articles, data articles. Please note: If you want to publish a review article open access, you need to contact Elsevier support (contact options at the end of the page) because the normal OA-publishing process as described below does not work. Old link: journals listed here (please download the file, preview is not working properly, due to technical problems)
- Article is accepted between 1.1.2018-31.12.2020.
Elsevier’s APC prices are defined per journal. The prices are displayed on APC price list and also visible on journal homepages. Please remember to ensure that you have the funding for the discounted APC payment.
Publishing an article open access with the FinELib discount in Elsevier journals – instructions to the corresponding author:
The instructions below describe the general process. Please note that your organization may have a defined process e.g. for invoicing. We recommend that you contact your library/information service when planning to publish an article open access in Elsevier journals.
- When the article, in which you are the corresponding author, is accepted,you will get an e-mail from Elsevier asking you to fill in the Rights and access form.
- When you want your article to be published open access, please remember to ensure that you have the funding for the discounted APC payment. Please contact your library/information service for more information.
- Filling in the Elsevier Rights and access form:
- Corresponding Author's organization: Start typing the name or your organisation and select the correct one from the list offered by the system. If you do not find your organisation's name, please contact your library/information service for more information.
- If relevant in the case of your article, fill in the "Add Co-author Details" and "Funder Details".
- If your article is going to be published in a hybrid (not full OA) journal, the system offers you two publishing options: Gold Open Access (article will be open access to everybody) and Subscription (only journal's subscribers will have access to the article)
- Select your user licence: You have the choice between two different CC-licenses. In both options your own reuse rights regarding the article are defined by the CC-license terms. The options are:
- CC BY 4.0 (Attribution) Creative Commons describes the license like this: This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation.
- CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 (Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs) Creative Commons describes the license like this: allows others to download your works and share them with others as long as they credit you, but they can’t change them in any way or use them commercially. Please note that if you choose this, more restrictive CC BY-NC-ND license, the rights to commercial use and modifications (derivatives) stay with Elsevier.
- Complete the form.
- Elsevier publishes the article open access
- Your organization’s library/information service will be informed that you have chosen open access publishing for your article and will confirm your affiliation to Elsevier
- APC invoice: Different organizations have different invoicing processes for Elsevier APC invoices. We recommend that contact your organisation's library/information service.
If you need further information or help with OA publish process, please do not hesitate to contact your library/information service.