ISSN identifiers are designated by the Finnish ISSN Agency. The identifier is free of charge.
Use the below form to apply for an ISSN.
Registering an ISSN requires that a sample issue of a printed publication be submitted or access to an online resource provided.
There are no copyright restrictions to the assignment and use of ISSN identifiers.
Registering an ISSN also requires that the following metadata be provided:
- Resource title
- Resource country
- Publication format
- Resource language
- Name and location of publisher and/or issuing body
- Publication date
- Publication status (e.g., ended, continues)
- Publication frequency
The following information should be submitted during registration when applicable:
- The electronic location of and access to the online resource (e.g., the URL)
- The title or ISSN of other physical publication formats
- The title or ISSN of the preceding publication
- The title or ISSN of the succeeding publication
- The title of the ISSN of the parent publication
- The title of the ISSN of a supplement publication
- The title or ISSN of the main series
- The title or ISSN of a sub-series
- The title or ISSN of an otherwise related publication